The committee is composed of one Chairperson elected by the District II body and may have an Alternate Chairperson, a Secretary and/or Treasurer as may be needed. All interested A.A. members in District 2 are eligible to participate as committee members. The qualifications for the chairperson are recommended 3 years sobriety, availability to attend all District 2 business meetings and attend the Area 15 Literature Committee meeting each quarter. The qualifications for alternate chairperson, secretary and/or treasurer are recommended 2 years sobriety.
Chairperson and committee members (hereafter “Committee”) develop ideas and methods to best accomplish the Committee’s purposes of informing groups and district members of all available conference-approved literature, audio visual materials and other special items; consider suggestions regarding proposed additions to and changes in Conference-approved literature and audiovisual material; become familiar with information on G.S.O.’s AA website (www.aa.org); and encourage AA members to read and purchase AA conference approved literature from their local Intergroup/Central Office or the AAWS Online Bookstore.
- Committee meetings are held monthly unless otherwise determined by Chairperson.
- Chairperson attends monthly District 2 business meetings and provides an oral and written report of Committee activities.
- Chairperson attends Quarterly South Florida Area 15 Literature Committee meeting and provides report if requested by Area Literature Chair.
- Committee reviews conference agenda items for literature each year; chairperson reports Committee’s suggestions to the District meeting prior to April Area Assembly and to Area Literature Chair at April Assembly.
- Committee prepares displays and attends District 2 events and workshop.
- Chairperson prepares and submits an annual budget as requested by District.
DISTRICT 2 LITERATURE COMMITTEE – LET LITERATURE CARRY THE MESSAGE, TOO!
Today, as in the early days of Alcoholics Anonymous, the A.A. message of recovery from alcoholism is carried by one alcoholic talking to another. However, since the publication of the first edition of the Big Book in 1939, literature has played an important role in spreading the A.A. message and imparting information about the A.A. Twelve Step program of recovery.
Disclaimer: The links below will open outside this site. We don’t control any linked websites and don’t take any responsibility for their content, but we thought you might find this useful. Click below to open a new tab to the outside websites.
Click here to start reading or listening to the Big Book and Twelve and Twelve.
Click here for a list of all pamphlets. You can read each pamphlet online.
Click here for an online digital catalog of Conference-approved literature.
. . . . . . . . . . .
Email Us: if you are interested in becoming a member of the Literature Committee or are interested in more information about what we do, please join us at our monthly Committee meetings; see the schedule below.
Literature Committee Meetings
2023 Literature Committee Meeting Schedule
Zoom Meeting ID: 941 0771 8348
Aug 26th (Sept meeting)